Well, for my HUGE fan base I'm sure the wait has been extremely difficult. I just never dreamed how much time a wedding and a kitchen remodel, along with working full time could take out of a person. Heavens! Rachel commented the other day that she knew that I must really be covered up because I had really gotten to where I enjoyed writing in my blog and there had been nothing for days and days. Alas it is true.
Today marks the FOUR WEEK mark until the wedding. By this time in four weeks we should be at the reception eating, drinking and on our way to being merry! I actually feel less stress than I did a couple of months ago. There's still a lot to do, but I see the end in sight now. We have started having the showers for Mary Beth and Jon, which have been a lot more fun than we expected. Steve and I are not really social butterflies, so getting out takes a lot for us!
The first was a shower given by Jennifer Kelly and Lynn Walker. Here you see two of my dearest (and oldest -yeah, they'll kill me for that remark) friends, Tammy Statham and Connie Buckingham. I met both of them within the first few weeks of moving to Fort Smith in 1985 and we have made it through thick and thin...lots of laughs and tears for sure.

The Kelly's home is the perfect setting with a huge kitchen and they had football games going on in two different rooms, making all of the men very happy. This is a photo of Steve, Jon and his dad.
Mary Beth opened so many fun gifts, which I tried to sneak into my car, but I think she was really watching me. We had so many friends come and go throughout the afternoon....even Jean and Meta who cared for her when she was a baby. I'm sure that they have some real Mary Beth stories to tell!!
Here's a cute one of Mary Beth and Greg
Mary Beth opened so many fun gifts, which I tried to sneak into my car, but I think she was really watching me. We had so many friends come and go throughout the afternoon....even Jean and Meta who cared for her when she was a baby. I'm sure that they have some real Mary Beth stories to tell!!
Here's a cute one of Mary Beth and Greg
that I took just as we arrived at the outdoor
mexican fiesta shower on Friday evening given by
several couples that are friends/neighbors of
the Williams. It was perfect weather and we
had a great turnout.
adults there, we knew most of the young people and
everyone was very friendly and made us feel very
welcome. The backyard was fabulous with great lighting and Tiki torches everywhere. I think I could have just moved in and taken over the backyard! T
They again got so many great gifts. Jon's parents even got them some bowling shoes since their newest fun thing to do is to go bowling with some other couples. Now they have their own shoes and don't have to rent them!
Some things I'm learning along the way....always plan what you are going to wear as a mother of the bride ahead of time, because at this point there are a billion errands to run on a daily basis and your time may run out!
Most important rule: NEVER, and I mean NEVER plan a kitchen remodel in the middle of planning a big church wedding. That is insanity. What were we thinking? Photos of that are on their way! Will it really get finished before Rachel and Chris arrive????? Or more importantly before Steve's mom and My Mom arrive????????
Another thing....slow down and realize that your time with your daughter as just yours is almost gone and savor it and appreciate....and sometimes you have to tell her to do the same because she is so busy that she forgets what all of us are going through as we say goodbye to life as we have known it as she moves into her new life. Love your husband. Love yourself. Love your other children. Don't forget those things. Things will go wrong. Remember your sense of humor.
Now....will someone please print this off and shove it in my face in four weeks?????
Who is that young couple?????

Who is that young couple?????


More gift opening.....I think it really is time for some of those to go into my car....especially those cute Razorback things!
1 comment:
Finally...a post! I can't wait to come over and see this kitchen! It was great seeing you today and Saturday will be a lot of fun!
Post a Comment