
This will be brief. I promise. Just MUST get it off of my chest that my neighbor's dog is driving me to drink. Or something. A year ago, our new neighbors moved in and built a VERY short little white picket fence around their front yard. They said it was for her elderly mother to be able to take her little dogs outside and sit out with them and enjoy them.......they failed to mention the German Shepherd that was moving in with them!!!
Her name is Moxie. And her owner does not seem to understand that most people do not see German Shepherds as "friendly" dogs.
I grew up with German Shepherds. We had "Duchess", and "Diamond" that I remember distinctly. They were amazing dogs. Very good watch dogs and loving, family dogs. But we knew when strangers or visitors came driving up that we would need to go out and hold onto them. They are very protective by their very nature.
Moxie typically barks, which is her most annoying quality. She barks any time she is outdoors. Anytime. She barks at leaves moving, squirrels, birds, bicycles, motorcycles, cars, people, clouds and air. Constant. It usually begins early each morning, although I finally got up the courage to ask them for a bit of respite on weekend mornings. (please not at 6:30 am!!)
I understand a dog needing to go out to take care of their business, but I do not understand allowing a dog to constantly bark on and on and on when you know you live right next door to other people. When we are outdoors working in the yard or, Heaven forbid, hanging Christmas lights on the house, she goes crazy!
Steve has never liked German Shepherds and this has not helped to endear him to them at all. When Moxie gets up on their little picket fence, it appears she would only have to walk over it to get to you. She has jumped it several times and other neighbors have put her back.
Life in the country is looking better than ever. Or am I just becoming the grumpy old woman in the neighborhood?
Btw, the photo is not of Moxie, but it looks just like her.
No comments:
Post a Comment