I would have photos to post, but alas, I left my camera at home Saturday (changed purses) and had to depend on my Blackberry for a camera. However, I cannot get it to email the photos to me...it insists on sending them as SMS messages and not email. I've tried numerous times to no avail. I need one of my kids home so they can figure the thing out. I'm usually fairly good with it, but this one has already taken too much of my Monday.
This has been one of my best weekends recently. It is due to many factors, the most significant one being that the traction from physical therapy and the injections from the doctor are starting to pay off on my lower back and hips. I can bend and squat and sit down/stand up without being in intense pain. I think I had just gotten so used to it that I had forgotten what it feels like to feel GOOD!!!!
Our beloved house went back on the market Friday. The deal fell through over the whole home inspector thing. We are going to get a real estimate for replacing the old tube and whatever wiring in the house and just have it ready, in hand, if it comes up again. Hell, the house is 62 years old!!!! So, Steve and I got it back in "show it to 'em" state of cleanliness. It is so much harder than I ever thought it would be to KEEP your house totally clean all of the time. If we had children still at home it would be impossible.
Saturday, we worked outside and then took off after lunch for Fayetteville. I had made a chocolate pie (my mom's recipe--to die for) and peanut butter cookies to take with us. Glo had invited us for dinner, but we planned to go early to go by Greg's new apartment and see if we could lend a hand. Surprisingly, he has gotten most everything unpacked. It is really starting to take shape. Mary Beth had given him a couple of things to put on the walls so we took care of that. His windows had lots of old spider webs and dead/live spiders on the outside. Fortunately, they were double hung so cleaning those was a breeze!
Greg went with us to Glo's and we joined Hounie and Nathan for a yummy dinner. Glo had cooked a delicious pork tenderloin with salad and veggies. Steve had brought along a pitcher of "Blood Thirsty Pirates" drink that he found online...quite lethal! Steve, who is usually on the quieter side, was talking nonstop...even through the movie we watched later. He's so funny!
We watched "Vicki Christina Barcelona", a Woody Allen movie. Need I say more? It was entertaining.....especially with the sub-titles. Hounie puts that on because he's having more and more trouble hearing...especially when there's a talking pirate in the room.
Yesterday, Steve and I were lazy most of the morning. We didn't get home until around 1:30am--a late night for the old folks! I went to the fitness center....tried to ease into some of the machines. I'm terrified of stirring up those hip joints!! It really is hell getting old. Steve helped me get the floors vacuumed and waxed to a shine. We are ready for the house hunters!!!
Today I'm home cooking red beans and rice from scratch in the crock pot. Yes, perhaps you should all prepare for the end of time. I have a client at 5 today and then I'm working the rest of the week. I am up to THREE private practice clients now!! Slow and steady wins the race. I just hope I don't have to run.
2 comments:
Great Post! Love the comment about the drunken pirate in the room...ha ha. Steve may have to whip some of those up when I am there!
Ahoy mate....fun was had by all!
Post a Comment