I worked really hard today. I mean REALLY hard to get my notes done and see everyone that needed to be seen today. No lunch break, just worked straight through. I was excited because I had this brilliant plan to come home and work like a white tornado through this new house, unpacking, sorting and sifitng, hanging pictures and all. What is it they say about the best laid plans?
I got home around 4:30 this afternoon. We've been trying to sell, move out, or dump lots of stuff and fortunately I had gotten a call from a little old man that wanted to buy one of our older television sets. He lives in Gorman Towers in Fort Smith and would need us to deliver it to him. I wouldn't ordinarily do that, but for a little old man in an assisted living facility, I thought we could. We made the delivery and so far, all was well.
Remember we had trouble with our DVR over the holiday, with Greg on the phone to Cox Cable and all. It was determined that our DVR was bad and we would need to exchange it. That being said, Steve and I did NOT know there was a Cox in Van Buren. So, while we were out making the goodwill delivery to the little old fellow, we drove out to exchange that. It was now about 6:00 so we decided to grab a bite to eat before heading home.
I was still optimistic that I would get home and start a flurry around me. I should have known better. I really should have.
I know everyone is tired of hearing my song about the move and the unpacking and all. But honestly, it just never ends! I KNOW people do this often and some more than others. We haven't moved in 17 years and it shows. There's junk that likely should have been trashed the day we got married! I have not put up a single Christmas decoration yet. A new record of lateness for me. It's hard to have a vision when there's still boxes everywhere and no place for them to go.
I am SO excited to finally have a fireplace. Bad part is you have to be a gymnast to light the thing. No joke. You just about have to lie down on the floor to light it. And you have to hold one button in for a couple of minutes, so you can't leave your position quickly.
We started trying to figure out what to start on first as Steve hooked up the new DVR. Guess what? Same problem. We checked the wiring over and over and everything was right. Checked the tv settings and they were right. And then the tv sound stopped too! And THEN the CLICKING started. A real popping, clicking noise. That's right people. Our NEW SONY HUGE TV WAS POPPING!!
I had already called Cox and they backed out of the problem quickly. And by the way, is it a requirement that you do not speak clear English to work in customer service? Next I called Best Buy. This is no exaggeration: First time I called I was on hold for 20 minutes. Next time I called and was on hold for about 25 minutes. I finally got someone and then he put me on hold to see if he could figure out the problem. He DID tell me to please unplug the tv because it could be a fire hazard. Oh good. Just what we needed.
And then my cell phone died. Yes it did. I ran in to get the landline phone that we haven't used yet and it wouldn't let me dial him back. I finally used Steve's cell phone to call him back!
I called back a third time and ask for management. I got a really nice young guy who must have drawn the short straw at the counter in order to take my call. Yes, by this time I was irritated. He stated that the set would need to be replaced and would arrange that and call me back in ten minutes. And call he did. They can't deliver the new tv until next Monday.
I suppose that's better than a house fire. I filled the whirlpool tub, soaked for a long time and now I'm off to bed. I wonder why I'm so tired?
No comments:
Post a Comment