8.13.2008

Wednesday...Hump Day...30 minutes to myself


Thirty minutes to myself before my first client comes in this morning. I've already been to staffing, ran back by the house to fix a cup of yummy french vanilla capuccino and off to the office. I'm all settled in here with everything lined up and ready to go. I love Wednesdays as most of us do. Its no longer Monday and we can start to see the weekend ahead, start making plans for what we will do with a little bit of free time ahead of us. My mother used to fuss at me for wishing my life away, and guess what? I've almost done it!! Next week I will hit 52, which is a big ole chunk of life, isn't it? A lot of Wednesdays have come and gone....hmmm, now I'm sure one of my kids could figure out how many of those but it is too large of a number for my brain right now.
Take a sip of coffee, smell that yummy vanilla and soak in the quiet of the morning. It won't last long. Before you know it the worries of the day will begin to creep in...the kitchen remodeling, the appliances to be delivered on Friday, wedding planning, the client I'm trying desperately to help get moved to college in Conway without much help from UCA/FAFSA/Financial Aid/the world in general, roofing/siding contractors....oops, see there it started. I'm just going to close the door on that stuff for a little longer.
We don't get a lot of these "moments"....at least I don't seem to. I guess some people make their moments happen. I've never had the gift for just STOPPING and enjoying the quiet. I teach my clients how to do it and I seem to be quite gifted at teaching them how to do that....but it must be like the plumber who is a very good plumber but his own pipes at home are leaky. I love the school environment. And for some crazy reason, I love teenagers. People often think that is the craziest thing of all....but they are so open and honest. They usually haven't started trying to cover up like adults have and if they have decided to come see me, then they really want to be here. Makes my job pretty easy then.
It is Wednesday....hump day. Things could be better, but they could definitely be worse. I will finish these last sips before the work begins and I think I will just be glad that I have work to do. I will be glad that I have someone I love to go home to after the work is finished. I will just put off worrying about the crap for later....save it for Thursday. That can be worry day.

No comments: