It has been a while since we have had a quiet Saturday at home. It was welcome indeed. The weather has been cool and crisp and I love hearing the leaves crunching as you walk down the driveway.
Steve and I had some errands to run and had planned to go watch the Razorback game at Friday's. However, when we got there it was so packed, there were no parking places....we decided to go eat steak at Logan's Steakhouse and just go home to finish listening to it on the radio. As it turns out, it was not a game that we missed out on much except more of the mistakes we have been so famous for this season.
Turns out the trip to Logan's, which we never go to, held a nice surprise. We ran into Ryan Duncan--a fun blast from the past! We found out that he and Gentry just had a baby girl they have named Evie about 10 weeks ago. She was a preemie and is still in the hospital, but is gaining weight and showing lots of improvement. Of course, the proud dad had photos on his phone to share. We enjoyed hearing about Corbin and what all they have been up to since we last saw them. We laughed about some of the memories from Special Olympics and good times we have had together. What a great surprise it was to see him!!
Steve went with me to pick out four comfy chairs for my round table at the office. I've been spending a lot of time sitting there recently and with my back problems (sounds like a good excuse to me!) I decided I needed something more comfortable. I think the families and clients visiting will appreciate them as well. Of course I found a couple of cool things to sit around, which I may not have needed but they were really cool looking. We also found a round coffee table and end table for the "group" area. Looks like I'm getting all set!
I'm moving into Phase III of supervision for being a licensed therapist. In Arkansas, it is a requirement even though a therapist is fully license, they have to go through three years of supervision. It is a good idea, but as you get near the end you really get ready to not have to pay for the supervision any longer!!! It also means that Steve and I will eventually be thinking about what we are going to do after I am a full "P".....lots to think about and plan for!!!! (wasn't my last blog about change being good????)
We came home and watched some football and have caught up on some Grey's Anatomy's that we have had recorded and saved.
Mary Beth called and they are in London. Piccadilly Square. Wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment