11.25.2008

Blogging vs. Journalling

I never did keep a journal past the 6th grade. I have really been enjoying this whole experience of the "blogging" world. But I have to admit that there are times like this.....today....when I would like to VENT and I can't because you are just out there in the world. If it involves your job or someone could read it and it could have an impact on someone, you have to be cautious and think about it before you write. I've never been good about doing that. Heaven knows that!
If I were, then I might have spared burning a few bridges in my time. But that was yesterday.
I ran into a colleague today who is somewhat (and I use that term loosely) of a supervisor. He wanted to offer his assistance with my work that I do because a year or two ago when I was beginning I had mentioned in staffing that I wanted to do a good job and was "open" to constructive criticism. (again a term I use loosely - depends seriously on where that stuff is coming from, doesn't it????) Today I guess he felt it was time to help me.
I think he was sincere, but it had been a long day, an even longer "end of the month" for me and all I really wanted to do was get home.
I won't go into the conversation here for the above mentioned reasons that I do want to keep my job for a bit longer. But it is a shame that we can't just blog away at random like the good ole journal days. Now that I think about it, that was sort of a problem there too....I always had to worry that my mom was going to get those and read them!!!! Same sort of problem!!!
Anyway, I have ended another month of paperwork and will be free of it until Monday. I seriously need to do things to get my mind off of it all until then. Seriously.
Maybe I need to buy a journal.......

1 comment:

Mojave Storm said...

haha do what I do and just post it up anyway and start E-DRAMA. It's the best.

Or you should post under an alias.

Or you should restrict people viewing your blog to only people you select.

Or....

haha, I've got one now too, btw.