I guess I've set myself up once again for exhaustion. Seems so. The pattern is so familiar. Work. Work. Study. Work. Sleep a little. Work. Study.
It used to be so much easier. I am sitting here tonight facing two intakes that need to be completed, 5 treatment plan reviews and one more note to be written. I have until Wednesday, but the tragedy of it all is that when I go to work tomorrow I just create more of it. I don't know how people stay on top of this paperwork. It is consuming me. It doesn't help that the company I work for requires, most likely, more than most to make sure that they are well covered....but that isn't much comfort for me in the middle of the night.
I don't remember the last time I had a weekend to call my own. Something is just wrong with this picture here.
And now, I have jumped the ship and decided to rush up things so that I can get out on my own sooner and maybe salvage what is left of my sanity...the question at hand is, will it be soon enough? The exam to cut out half of my last phase of supervision is next Monday and I am only mildly prepared. My two supervisors have said they think I'm ready, but they don't realize that I've been taking the online tests and there are definitely some deficit areas! I mean really, just when have I worked with the geriatric population? Not much experience to fall back on there! (although tonight I feel I'm approaching it!!)
I'm just facing a lot of changes in my life and I never face those easily. My comfort is in the reliable. It is in my friends, my house, my family, even down to the way I order the same thing at the same restaurant all the time. Now we are talking about selling the house to get away from neighbors with dogs that come after us and unwanted neighbors in the back.....and even though I know it's a good thing, it is one more thing. Right now. In the midst of work. Study. Work. Study. Change. Sleep a little.
It's going to be a long night tonight.
3 comments:
Does that type of thing run in families???
ummm...the change part....I think it probably does. Why, does it sound like a familiar story? Maybe we could be a Lifetime movie or something.
Noooooooo not another lifetime movie!! haha. Stay strong mom after the test you'll feel like you've had a load taken of your shoulders. I'm sure you'll do great!
Post a Comment